Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1,061 - 1,080 of 2,195 Posts
Back to the EV range question now that spring is coming: today we had 6 degrees in the morning, 16 at 2pm: displayed range is 37kms after fully charging the battery. Not sure it is because of the "reserve" in the battery, but this is really not what I thought it would be.

Back to the EV range question now that spring is coming: today we had 6 degrees in the morning, 16 at 2pm: displayed range is 37kms after fully charging the battery. Not sure it is because of the "reserve" in the battery, but this is really not what I thought it would be.
Can you run the battery to 0% when it is 16 degrees ? Vi still have sub 0 temperatures where i live, and can not go below 18%

One or two weeks ago there were a couple of days here where we had 7-8 degrees during the day and then I saw that the ev range on the dashboard was 52km (fully charged). Now the temperature has fallen again so we are back to below 40km but in general I charge it to 80% and I usually get between 30 and 35km on the dashboard, depending on the outside temperature.

One or two weeks ago there were a couple of days here where we had 7-8 degrees during the day and then I saw that the ev range on the dashboard was 52km (fully charged). Now the temperature has fallen again so we are back to below 40km but in general I charge it to 80% and I usually get between 30 and 35km on the dashboard, depending on the outside temperature.
Why do you only charge the battery to 80%? Do you drive short distances? I drive 35-55 km a day and that's why I charge the car to 100% every day.

My real range is now 55-65 km. the temperature is above 10 degrees.

Why do you only charge the battery to 80%? Do you drive short distances? I drive 35-55 km a day and that's why I charge the car to 100% every day.

My real range is now 55-65 km. the temperature is above 10 degrees.
Yes during the weekdays I mostly drive short distances (to the train station, supermarket, school etc.) so I charge to only 80% for improved battery longevity (even though I do not even know for how many years I will keep the car :LOL: ). During the weekends when we do longer drives I charge to 100%.

We drove today 900km: 3 adults, fully packed with ski gears (no box though on top) and consumed 8l/1000km driving 115-120km/h on highway.
not great, not terrible for a car of this size/weight/petrol.

for the EV range: was funny that it showed charging up to 90km “range” :) at -3degrees when driving downhill for about 25kms from the top of Simplon pass…

the off-road mode gave us extra confidence driving up and down on the snowy Simplon pass, pluss the engine power certainly helpful even at less than 2000rpms on the petrol engine…

We drove today 900km: 3 adults, fully packed with ski gears (no box though on top) and consumed 8l/1000km driving 115-120km/h on highway.
not great, not terrible for a car of this size/weight/petrol.

for the EV range: was funny that it showed charging up to 90km “range” :) at -3degrees when driving downhill for about 25kms from the top of Simplon pass…

the off-road mode gave us extra confidence driving up and down on the snowy Simplon pass, pluss the engine power certainly helpful even at less than 2000rpms on the petrol engine…
125 km/l, not bad at all ;)
Even 8l/100km not bad at all in that area, up, up and up. (y)

The next thing to come are new wishbones, and other adapters at the top of the shock absorbers.
When you have some news about these updates and application time, let know because it's sure interesting!
I'm living with front right knocking for months and just replacing the top strut flange hasn't solved..

Thanks a lot!!

I finally changed the summer tires today. I got the size 265/45 R20. Discs 8.5j, ET38. It's great. The car is more comfortable. It handles the bumpy road without any problems. the car is quieter. I kept the tire pressure at 2.7 bar.
I recommend.

TOYO L265/45 R20 PROXES SPORT SUV 108Y XL
Is your speedo reading out then using a different profile therefore affecting the rolling rodius?

The OEM profile for the 20" wheels is apparently

235 x 50 x 20E on 7.5L x 20 ET45 wheel

Thats a lot of extra width for a 7.5J wheel.

The OEM Bridgestones are rock hard though. Bridgestones always have been..Toyo's are very soft so they wear through quickly but have oodles of grip. Proxes were my choice track tyre for my Impreza.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Software

Is your speedo reading out then using a different profile therefore affecting the rolling rodius?

The OEM profile for the 20" wheels is apparently

235 x 50 x 20E on 7.5L x 20 ET45 wheel

Thats a lot of extra width for a 7.5J wheel.

The OEM Bridgestones are rock hard though. Bridgestones always have been..Toyo's are very soft so they wear through quickly but have oodles of grip. Proxes were my choice track tyre for my Impreza.

View attachment 250
I chose TOYO precisely because of its very good properties on a wet road. And they are also quiet.

Before
50 km/t80 km/t100 km/t120 km/t150 km/t
After
49,8 km/t79,6 km/t99,5 km/t119,4 km/t149,3 km/t
Really nothing to talk about :unsure:
Yes they are very good and reasonably priced too.

Do you have a side profile photo? Im interested to see what the reduced profile and increased width looks like
Yes they are very good and reasonably priced too.

Do you have a side profile photo? Im interested to see what the reduced profile and increased width looks like
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1,061 - 1,080 of 2,195 Posts