Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts
Thank you so much. I really hope all the problems are fixable and are not design issues. Some of them are not surprising for a new model on an all new architecture, but things like getting locked in your car shouldn’t be all that new. The Mazda 3 already had the touchpads on the locks and I can’t imagine they needed to redesign much with the internals. Just seems really weird. If it’s early production issues, I hope your lemon laws help you with swapping cars, though I’m not sure many of you would want to give them a second chance.
Hi. I have had the car since December. 3500km so far. At first it took me a while to get used to some things. But I've already got the hang of the car and overall it suits my driving style. The only thing I have a problem with is lane keeping. It's annoying. But otherwise the car is quiet, very fast and even at 160 km/h it drives comfortably. I personally have no problems with him. Before that I drove a Kia Sorento UM. Sorento was softer. But the mazda can corner better and doesn't lean as much, so the CX60 is sharper. Some may not like it, but I do. The only thing I'm going to change are the wheels. Instead of 235/50 r20-7.5J, I'm going to put 265/45 r20-8.5J there.

Guys, stop worrying anout the temperature, its all rubbish and whitewashing from Mazda.

Its 15degrees Celsius here in London and the car turns off EV mode at 30% of battery. 15degrees is not cold. So i know some of you experience much colder temps Mazda tell you its because of that - it isn’t. In fact, the average temp over a year in the Uk is 10 degrees…

Also there seems to be an auto update released today for download.

View attachment 128
View attachment 129
you also have the 14012 version. can you control apple carplay via the main rotary controller? it stopped working for me, even while driving, I can only control apple car play by touch.

Translation from German. "Schuster automobile". on youtube in the comments below the video.

Good morning, yes that is correct. The tests at that time were all carried out in warm summer temperatures. In the meantime, I have already noticed the following: the battery does not become completely empty in cold outside temperatures, there is a stored minimum charge level. Exact values are not documented, but here is a guide. From approx. 25°C the battery is discharged to 0%, between 10-25°C the minimum charge level is approx. 10%, below 10°C the minimum charge level is 20%. => This means that below approx. 25° generally only 90% capacity is available and the 63 km range can then no longer be achieved. Converted with a 10% minimum state of charge, 63 km would currently be a range of approx. 56 km. And at under 10°C with 20% minimum state of charge, it would then have a range of approx. 50 km.
Furthermore, I also noticed that in Sport mode and Towing mode another small buffer of +7% is retained. I.e. e.g. Above 25C then 27% and so on. The battery discharges below this minimum threshold at high power output in all modes, but then immediately recharges.

Translation from German. "Schuster automobile". on youtube in the comments below the video.

Good morning, yes that is correct. The tests at that time were all carried out in warm summer temperatures. In the meantime, I have already noticed the following: the battery does not become completely empty in cold outside temperatures, there is a stored minimum charge level. Exact values are not documented, but here is a guide. From approx. 25°C the battery is discharged to 0%, between 10-25°C the minimum charge level is approx. 10%, below 10°C the minimum charge level is 20%. => This means that below approx. 25° generally only 90% capacity is available and the 63 km range can then no longer be achieved. Converted with a 10% minimum state of charge, 63 km would currently be a range of approx. 56 km. And at under 10°C with 20% minimum state of charge, it would then have a range of approx. 50 km.
Furthermore, I also noticed that in Sport mode and Towing mode another small buffer of +7% is retained. I.e. e.g. Above 25C then 27% and so on. The battery discharges below this minimum threshold at high power output in all modes, but then immediately recharges.

I deffo would have gone for the 6 cylinder diesel if I knew then what I know now for sure. They are going to be such smooth engines as well, no turbos so a normal compression. They will be like top quality sewing machines..I hope, but even though I have a good offer on the table to trade my PHEV in for one of them, I am still worried that it may come with its own set of issues, and there arent any available to test drive yet.

The EV quietness is glorious though! Cant wait till an EV performs properly and there is a proper infrastructure to support them.
diesel in a Japanese car? that's a big problem. Japanese diesel cars have always broken down a lot.

One or two weeks ago there were a couple of days here where we had 7-8 degrees during the day and then I saw that the ev range on the dashboard was 52km (fully charged). Now the temperature has fallen again so we are back to below 40km but in general I charge it to 80% and I usually get between 30 and 35km on the dashboard, depending on the outside temperature.
Why do you only charge the battery to 80%? Do you drive short distances? I drive 35-55 km a day and that's why I charge the car to 100% every day.

My real range is now 55-65 km. the temperature is above 10 degrees.

I finally changed the summer tires today. I got the size 265/45 R20. Discs 8.5j, ET38. It's great. The car is more comfortable. It handles the bumpy road without any problems. the car is quieter. I kept the tire pressure at 2.7 bar.
I recommend.

Is your speedo reading out then using a different profile therefore affecting the rolling rodius?

The OEM profile for the 20" wheels is apparently

235 x 50 x 20E on 7.5L x 20 ET45 wheel

Thats a lot of extra width for a 7.5J wheel.

The OEM Bridgestones are rock hard though. Bridgestones always have been..Toyo's are very soft so they wear through quickly but have oodles of grip. Proxes were my choice track tyre for my Impreza.

View attachment 250
I chose TOYO precisely because of its very good properties on a wet road. And they are also quiet.

Before
50 km/t80 km/t100 km/t120 km/t150 km/t
After
49,8 km/t79,6 km/t99,5 km/t119,4 km/t149,3 km/t
Really nothing to talk about :unsure:
Yes they are very good and reasonably priced too.

Do you have a side profile photo? Im interested to see what the reduced profile and increased width looks like
Yes they are very good and reasonably priced too.

Do you have a side profile photo? Im interested to see what the reduced profile and increased width looks like
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Thanks dude. Makes the wheels look bigger!

Its interesting that losing some profile but changing the tyre brand increased the comfort. I plan to run 21's on mine and was worried about the loss of the already limited comfort there is as I will need to drop a profile to keep it as close to OEM as I can.
21" or 22" would be very nice, I also ride off road and that would not be very good. However, the driving comfort was made possible by the width.

1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts