Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the all new CX-60 has been released in EU and UK and soon Australia etc.

As there is no sub forum or specific dedicated CX-60 Forum URL (IMO there should be as the CX-70 is not the same car) there have been a number of production issues on release with this model.

1) There was a stop sale related to the non production install @ Mazda Japan factory of a 20 AMP Safety Fuse in rear of trunk in related to cars main Battery in CX-60 PHEV, hopefully ALL should have been rectified before being sold to customers with the installation of a 20 AMP Fuse module.
Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electrical supply Auto part

2) All Shock Absorbers front and rear and the Front and Rear Sway Bars were installed @ Mazda Factory with not ideal specifications resulting of a bumpy wallowing ride comfort on undulating roads, and on paved roads a hard feel inside cabin resulting in unstable ride, The fix is to renew all shocks and sway bars front and rear.

3) Cars Infotainment System (Mazda Connect) on initial production shipment (about 300 cars) had out of specification Firmware Version 12006 was installed and requires updating to correct CMU_7000C0A-EU07_14004.kwi firmware.
Again this should have been updated by the selling Mazda Dealer, however I have already been contacted by an owner in Europe where his Mazda Connect was not updated. I subsequently on his request supplied him with correct file 14004 with full update instructions (very easy), you WILL need a USB C Flash Drive preferably as small as you can get below 32GB. (do not use USB A to C Adapter).

To find out what version of Firmware for your Mazda Connect is in your CX-60 do the following..
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or to ON.
2. Select ”Settings” on the Home screen.
3. Select “System Setting”.
4. Select “System Information”.
5. Select “Version Information”.
6. See 'System Software'
Version Number like 12004 is revealed, it should be 14004 or higher, if it is lower than 14004 then you can update it.

Happy to help owners who need clarification, please privately message me in regard to Mazda Connect Update File as they can not be posted within any forum. Message me by clicking on my Avatar here and then Message or Start Conversation and click on that with your request.

Hi ASH8.
Do you have access to the tracking data on the Mazda CX60, a colleague had the misfortune of hitting a curb and the car now pulls to the right, not even the importer has the data we need.
Regards..

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Not certain of what data you exactly need?

Basically, No I cannot track anyone's (owners) data for any Mazda.

If the CX-60 is pulling to the right then basic mechanical process is to get front steering inspected as I expect you/he would have a bent tie rod end and or adjuster rod, or could be worse, then is to check front wheel alignment.

Hi all,

Regarding problems with initial deliveries of CX-60 some of these are actually created by the middlemen not yet familiar with this new (and heavy) model.
In my case, the CX-60 PHEV was delivered to me with unusually high tire pressure, 2.9 bar on all four wheels.
It is too much pressure for any use case for front wheels for example.

Except one: the long time stationary storage of a heavy vehicle - to avoid deformation of its tires kept motionless and under load all of the time.
(In this case during lengthy sea-freight from Japan to Sweden)

This obviously should been rectified during post-delivery inspection but wasn't and resulted in less than ideal driving comfort.
Fortunately I discovered this in time to avoid any bad consequences of it.

So, the lesson learned - always check tires pressure, even on a brand new toy ;)

Cheers,

(...)

1) There was a stop sale related to the non production install @ Mazda Japan factory of a 20 AMP Safety Fuse in rear of trunk in related to cars main Battery in CX-60 PHEV, hopefully ALL should have been rectified before being sold to customers with the installation of a 20 AMP Fuse module.
View attachment 71

2) All Shock Absorbers front and rear and the Front and Rear Sway Bars were installed @ Mazda Factory with not ideal specifications resulting of a bumpy wallowing ride comfort on undulating roads, and on paved roads a hard feel inside cabin resulting in unstable ride, The fix is to renew all shocks and sway bars front and rear.
(...)
Hi ASH8,

When inspecting the bottom of the trunk I also noticed that mysterious folded piece of paper with the VIN number alone lying on the very same position as on your picture.
Does its presence indicate that this fuse issue was fixed?

And one more puzzle, how one can learn whether there are correct stabilizer bars and schock absorbers fitted in the car?
With a new vehicle it is somewhat difficult to know what is by design and what is out of spec just by feeling.

Best!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
If you message me your VIN I can check to see if your car was in the mix.
Sometimes (repeat sometimes) you might see a Genuine Mazda Part Number label on the sway bar and or shocks,
a full part number not abbreviated.

But yes looks to me the car was not correctly PDI by Selling Dealer as tyre pressures should have been adjusted down as they usually ship around 45 psi.

I would also check to make sure you have the correct Mazda Connect Firmware of 14004 or higher..
Need to know what Version Number is in car now.
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or to ON.
2. Select ”Settings” on the Home screen.
3. Select “System Setting”.
4. Select “System Information”.
5. Select “Version Information”.
6. See 'System Software'
Version Number like 1xxxx is revealed.

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, having recently taken receipt of a CX-60 (in the UK). Mine was held up at the dealers in early September for ' a software upgrade.' I guess it was the firmware you refer to in this thread. I have checked and it is version 14004. How can I check whether mine was one of those that required replacement shock absorbers and sway bars, and the 20 amp fuse fitting, and if so whether they have been fitted?.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi All,

I have owned my CX-60 now for a three weeks. There is an issue of the car consuming too much electricity and the range is about the half of the expected maximum range. The electricity consumption should be 17 kWh in average and in my case it is 40 kWh. I have a service check-up with software updates next week and let´s see if the electricity consumption problem will be fixed. I am also expecting the shock absorbers to be replaced at some point.

Hi All,

I have owned my CX-60 now for a three weeks. There is an issue of the car consuming too much electricity and the range is about the half of the expected maximum range. The electricity consumption should be 17 kWh in average and in my case it is 40 kWh. I have a service check-up with software updates next week and let´s see if the electricity consumption problem will be fixed. I am also expecting the shock absorbers to be replaced at some point.
Hi jjarvela,

I can confirm I am having the same issue, the car consumes around 40kwh. I have the car from September and only first days it showed 58-60km. Then it all went down. I will be scheduled for a shock absorber change because I showed them a video with the car behavior on wallowing roads.

Can you please tell me what software updates are you doing for the battery range? I have been complaining to my dealer for about a month now.

Thank you!

Hi All,

Hopefully they'll be able to determine what this energy consumption issue is. I imagine it's affecting more vehicles along with yours and @MT_09_TM's.

What problems are you having with the shock absorbers?

Hi jjarvela,

I can confirm I am having the same issue, the car consumes around 40kwh. I have the car from September and only first days it showed 58-60km. Then it all went down. I will be scheduled for a shock absorber change because I showed them a video with the car behavior on wallowing roads.

Can you please tell me what software updates are you doing for the battery range? I have been complaining to my dealer for about a month now.

Thank you!
I'm surprised you and @jjarvela are having the same issues for both the energy consumptions and the shock absorbers. How is your CX-60 behaving on the road?

I'm surprised you and @jjarvela are having the same issues for both the energy consumptions and the shock absorbers. How is your CX-60 behaving on the road?
@MT_09_TM I will let you know if the updates fixed the issue, and what updates were installed. The service is next week Tuesday. About the shock absorbers, when I bought the car the dealer said that there is an issue with the first batch of the CX-60's with the shock absorbers. Before I got the car, the dealer had already sent a request to importer for changing the absorbers. At some time I will receive an invitation for changing them. The problem, like you probably have noticed :), is the ride being really stiff in uneven surfaces, causing a very bumpy ride.

@MT_09_TM I will let you know if the updates fixed the issue, and what updates were installed. The service is next week Tuesday. About the shock absorbers, when I bought the car the dealer said that there is an issue with the first batch of the CX-60's with the shock absorbers. Before I got the car, the dealer had already sent a request to importer for changing the absorbers. At some time I will receive an invitation for changing them. The problem, like you probably have noticed :), is the ride being really stiff in uneven surfaces, causing a very bumpy ride.
The car goes up and down really weird. I noticed that two weeks ago because I had the proper road, uneven one and in waves. I remembered about this forum and said to check if something new is on the thread. Last week I went for a trip with a friend and asked him to film me from behind and it is really noticeable outside of the car also.

I went to the dealer, confirmed yesterday and now we have to wait for the shock absorbers to be replaced. It is probably the first batch. I pre-ordered mine on 10th of March. So I am sure I am one in that batch.

I also was contacted by the dealer, and Mazda says that they want to add a logger to my ODB, to see what is happening, there is another issue that I signaled with a noise between gear 1 and 2. There are other reports of this from other few clients.

The fact that Mazda takes this actions, it's something that keeps my worries down. It is, the first iteration of the car. But if they fix this I can understand the first model issues. In the end I love the car, I cancelled another order for this car. I like it and hope soon it will have these issues solved.

"Mazda says that they want to add a logger to my ODB, to see what is happening " no need for that, car already records nearly everything, and even send anonymous data OTA for diagnoses.

Hi jjarvela,

Thank you!
My loan car rarely goes below 27 kWh/100 km, in normal driving, but if it is driven harder I can easily reach the mentioned 40 kWh/100 km.

"Mazda says that they want to add a logger to my ODB, to see what is happening " no need for that, car already records nearly everything, and even send anonymous data OTA for diagnoses.
Maybe, but for the issue that I signaled they don't. I am just telling you what I was informed and asked if I want to participate. The dealer specifically stated that this comes directly from Mazda.

My loan car rarely goes below 27 kWh/100 km, in normal driving, but if it is driven harder I can easily reach the mentioned 40 kWh/100 km.
The battery consumption occurs in normal driving. The dealer said that the range of the vehicle is about 45 km, when driven hard. As driving smoothly/normal drive, the range is way below that (5-7 km below).

Otherwise, I have been very satisfied with the car. As this car is from the first batch (most likely), some issues are always expected.

I went to the dealer, confirmed yesterday and now we have to wait for the shock absorbers to be replaced. It is probably the first batch. I pre-ordered mine on 10th of March. So I am sure I am one in that batch.
I am pretty sure you are.
I ordered mine one month after you and my vehicle was confirmed being affected by this issue.
However, Swedish Mazda resolved it before shipping it from Göteborg harbor to Stockholm. It took a couple additional weeks, though.

Two things which I observed on my CX-60 which may indicate some work done outside the factory are peculiar color marks on shock springs and labels on shock absorbers.
See the attached pictures.

I am pretty sure you are.
I ordered mine one month after you and my vehicle was confirmed being affected by this issue.
However, Swedish Mazda resolved it before shipping it from Göteborg harbor to Stockholm. It took a couple additional weeks, though.

Two things which I observed on my CX-60 which may indicate some work done outside the factory are peculiar color marks on shock springs and labels on shock absorbers.
See the attached pictures.

Did you manage to take a photo to the labels? I am interested in the codes. My dealer said that they are waiting on some codes for the shock absorbers.

1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts