Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1127 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Hi ASH8.
Do you have access to the tracking data on the Mazda CX60, a colleague had the misfortune of hitting a curb and the car now pulls to the right, not even the importer has the data we need.
Regards..

· Registered
125 Posts
"Mazda says that they want to add a logger to my ODB, to see what is happening " no need for that, car already records nearly everything, and even send anonymous data OTA for diagnoses.

· Registered
125 Posts
Hi jjarvela,

I can confirm I am having the same issue, the car consumes around 40kwh. I have the car from September and only first days it showed 58-60km. Then it all went down. I will be scheduled for a shock absorber change because I showed them a video with the car behavior on wallowing roads.

Can you please tell me what software updates are you doing for the battery range? I have been complaining to my dealer for about a month now.

Thank you!
My loan car rarely goes below 27 kWh/100 km, in normal driving, but if it is driven harder I can easily reach the mentioned 40 kWh/100 km.

· Registered
125 Posts
Remember that heat/aircon steels lots of energy, maybe my readings caused because i preheat car when it charging.
Dont count on the meter, try to use trip A or B to measure distance,

· Registered
125 Posts
OK CX-60 Owners there is a Firmware Update for Mazda Connect for all of Europe and UK.
EU07 Version 14012

I can not tell you the changelog (Mazda does not always release).

If you wish to update yourself you Must Message me and I will provide you with a Download link and easy .Pdf install instructions, the file is just over 1.08 GB in size.
Info stolen somewhere 😎

Here is the changelog with 14012 Mazda Connect Firmware update...
SYMPTOMS
The following symptoms can be solved or changes have been made by the latest software (Ver. 7000C0A-EU07_14012).
(Ver. 7000C0A-EU07_14012)
Pressing the mute button may not pause music playback.
Mazda Connect may restart.

CarPlay wireless connection may not be possible to switch to Bluetooth® connection.

When using CarPlay navigation, the remaining distance to the next right or left turn point displayed in ADD (Active Driving Display) may not change.

CarPlay wireless connection may fail.

When switching Driver IDs, the speech recognition language may not be switched.

When deleting Driver ID from Personalization System, the language setting becomes English.

After removing and reinstalling the battery, the customization setting value may change.

"For iOS 15,
When CarPlay receives a call while the display is off, the ringtone and the sound of CarPlay Music may overlap.
Cannot pick up the CarPlay phone calls with steering wheel switch.
Navigation may freeze.
The system may reboot every 20 seconds.

NOTE:
  • iPod, iPhone, and Apple CarPlay are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
  • Android and Android Auto are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
  • The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.

· Registered
125 Posts
If you program the car to charge from kl. 0300 to 0650 and the cabin heater is switched on to leave home at 0650 then the charger will supplement the battery, otherwise not when your unprogrammed cycle was carried out

· Registered
125 Posts
Engine maintenance mode, is quite normal.
Either with a brand new car, or if you have mainly driven on electricity and the engine has not been in operation for a long time. it's to prevent the petrol from decaying, try filling up the tank and the "problem" will go away in 20-100km.

· Registered
125 Posts
Wikipedia:
The Skyactiv-G[7] is a family of direct injection petrol engines. The engine compression ratio is increased to 14.0:1. To reduce the risk of engine knock at high compression, residual gas is reduced by using 4-2-1 engine exhaust systems, implementing a piston cavity, and optimizing fuel injection. In addition, combustion duration is shortened by intensifying air flow, increasing injection pressure, and using multi-hole injectors.

It features an all-aluminum construction with chain-driven dual overhead camshafts with VVT and gasoline direct injection; with direct ignition, it meets ULEV emission standards. Skyactiv-G engines for the U.S. market have a lower compression ratio of 13:1 allowing them to operate on standard instead of premium fuel with an approximate 3-5 percent reduction in torque and fuel economy.[8]

· Registered
125 Posts
I was looking up AA and its uses its Wifi signal to transfer to the car, which is the same as Carplay.

'Wireless Android Auto works via a 5GHz Wi-Fi connection and requires both your car's head unit as well as your smartphone to support Wi-Fi Direct over the 5GHz frequency. While the connection happens over Wi-Fi, you will need an active data connection on your smartphone to access the internet on Android Auto'

So while BT may need to be turned on, I don't think you have to register your phone to your cars BT, because if you do, you have two active connections which will just confuse stuff.

Basically its the same as Carplay. I have not registered my phone on the BT in the car, but my BT is always turned on for other devices and my calls all work fine incoming and outgoing.
Where did you find that information?, CX60 in north Europe has Bluetooth/AM/FM/DAB/USB1 audio/USB2 audio/USB1 video/USB2 video in/out, and 3G only for connected services and emergency call.

· Registered
125 Posts
From the link provided in the post.

Anyhow its a futile debate, as the user just needs to delete his bluetooth pairing and keep the AA pairing. You do not have to have a bluetooth pairing to ise either AA or Apple Carplay even though they both may use Bluetooth for their connection.
Yes, it is generally and an option for AA and AC, but most people use bluetooth, which is also why many without bluetooth buy a dongle for USB with bluetooth. I just don't know from any workshop manuals that the CX60 has either 4/5 Ghz wifi communication

· Registered
125 Posts
Yes, but the issue is with Bluetooth, so why use it when you have either AA or ACP as its a wireless connection anyway?

I can understand in older cars that have plug in AA and ACP, as you wont always be plugged in when a call comes through, but with the CX60 having a wireless connection means Bluetooth is completely defunct unless you have an old fashioned phone. But if you did, it would probably work on straight BT as there is not crosstalk between the two systems.
So we are back to the question, where do you have information that the CX60 should have WiFi, and why can't you see the network on WiFi and connect to it?

· Registered
125 Posts
The question was why wasn't his BT working properly, I think that's been answered. Im hoping it will solve the issue.

I think you have a question for the developers of Android Auto about the functionality of their software, and for Mazda to see if they utilise this within how their wireless CP and AA works.

I don't have much interest in that, I was just helping the guy with the actual problem :)
As you wrote "I was looking up AA and its uses its Wifi signal to transfer to the car" i just inform you that CX60 don´t have WiFi userinterface, that why you cant disable bluetooth if you want to use AA or CP.

1 - 20 of 1127 Posts