Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1,041 - 1,060 of 2,195 Posts
Hi ShaunD
In the short time since I placed my comments I have also rejected my vehicle and now ordered a Volvo. The dealer was most accommodating and like you I felt they are also disappointed with the model and Mazda. I had my vehicle for 4 months and in that time I had numerous issues mainly software. I got talking to another owner recently and was pointed in the direction of the CX 60 owners Facebook page and the outcome is that whilst I thought I had issues it seems mine were nothing. This vehicle has I believe been launched prematurely and is no way fit for market. It is a shame as I really liked the strong design. I don't wish to be disparaging to the many contributors on this forum but given the problems this vehicle is throwing up I cant understand why they have not rejected their vehicles.
Hope the NX delivers what no doubt you had expected from the CX 60.
Like you I am also relived this episode has come to an end.
I’m glad you got sorted Frank. I totally agree with your sentiments re design and how nice a car it could actually be, but for £50k, it could have been an expensive headache in the longer term.

We too looked at the Volvo, but found my wife (who is quite tall) couldn’t get in and out without bending her neck, which was no good due to surgery.

Good luck with your purchase Frank, and I hope anyone else in a similar situation get sorted too.

Has anyone with the vibration/sound problem between 55 - 75 km/h managed to get it fixed or gotten a response from Mazda in their country? Unfortunately this is the only issue that has not been fixed in my car after I left it at the dealership some weeks ago 😕

Has anyone with the vibration/sound problem between 55 - 75 km/h managed to get it fixed or gotten a response from Mazda in their country? Unfortunately this is the only issue that has not been fixed in my car after I left it at the dealership some weeks ago 😕
I have been told that there will be a campaign to replace the cardan shaft, as faults have been found on them, which are to blame for the vibrations.
Update 8 marts.
The next thing to come are new wishbones, and other adapters at the top of the shock absorbers.

They just adjusted the bearing around the driveshaft and it fixed it like 80% but I can still notice the sound. So its definitely better now and more like between 58-68km/h but still not 100% fix. I hope for campaign to get it fullt fixed.

Today I also received an update from my dealer saying that Mazda Japan are working on a new design of the drive shaft for the CX-60 which will solve the issue. It doesn't sound like this will be a quick fix so I guess we will have to be patient for some months :LOL:

I only get the throbbing sound between 58 and 70 km/h when the battery is charged more than lets say half way. Never get the throbbing sound when battery is at 1km range left. Any thoughts on this?

I only get the throbbing sound between 58 and 70 km/h when the battery is charged more than lets say half way. Never get the throbbing sound when battery is at 1km range left. Any thoughts on this?
Well I noticed it was always worse as I start out (with a full battery). Its there at the end as well but often quieter. I put it down to temperature. Something gets a bit warmer with running. I also noticed that on really cold days (with heated seats etc on, it doesn't seem as bad. I had a long period when it wasn't there at all. When the car was new in September there was a really bad noise, it went away after the software update. That happened to coincide with colder weather. Its warmer again and its back.
Today is cold (+1) and I'm going out later so we'll see what happens.

Can any of confirm if you experience the same as me. app 25-27 km/h is rocking a bit along the road. 50-70 km/h low frequency sound/vibration. 130-140 km/h vibration higher frequency vibrations in the car, resulting in e.g. shaking side mirror and sun visor.

I get it regardless of the charge level. Today I drove a bit with 1km and could still hear it.

Can any of confirm if you experience the same as me. app 25-27 km/h is rocking a bit along the road. 50-70 km/h low frequency sound/vibration. 130-140 km/h vibration higher frequency vibrations in the car, resulting in e.g. shaking side mirror and sun visor.
Of the things you mention I only experience the 50-70 sound.

Well I noticed it was always worse as I start out (with a full battery). Its there at the end as well but often quieter. I put it down to temperature. Something gets a bit warmer with running. I also noticed that on really cold days (with heated seats etc on, it doesn't seem as bad. I had a long period when it wasn't there at all. When the car was new in September there was a really bad noise, it went away after the software update. That happened to coincide with colder weather. Its warmer again and its back.
Today is cold (+1) and I'm going out later so we'll see what happens.
Update: Was just as bad in the cold today, was better after a bit as I had said before. There is a secondary vibration at around 70-75mph if I listen hard. So probably a balance harmonic. Very occasionally I feel a bit of vibration at the 30-35 mph point but not always.

By rocking do you mean bouncing on the suspension? If so not since the upgrade. Never had vibration enough to shake things!

Thanks. According to the vin number I have new but the back of the car is bouncy over speed bumps. The front suspension is great.
My is going in to dealers tomorrow morning with this issue. Other issue is directional stability while doing highway speeds. Throbbing sound between 50-83km/h. Shaky rear view mirror. Clicking brakes when reversing. Clanky susspension overall on uneaven surfaces. Will let you know how it went.

By rocking do you mean bouncing on the suspension? If so not since the upgrade. Never had vibration enough to shake things!
Hi, Yes bouncing...
Thanks. According to the vin number I have new but the back of the car is bouncy over speed bumps. The front suspension is great.
I also have a newer, with rear end problems.

1,041 - 1,060 of 2,195 Posts