Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
The battery consumption occurs in normal driving. The dealer said that the range of the vehicle is about 45 km, when driven hard. As driving smoothly/normal drive, the range is way below that (5-7 km below).

Otherwise, I have been very satisfied with the car. As this car is from the first batch (most likely), some issues are always expected.
What you mean "driven hard" I barely touch the throttle, and I still don't get 45km. They say 17.8 kw total battery and 16.2 usable ( my dealer salesman ) but on a consumption of 30kw I don't get 53 km. I get 45-47, and when I drive i can use electric mode only for 35-40km maximum.

I see 1km and 12-15% battery. Do you guys have the same percentage when you have 1km left ?

· Registered
16 Posts
Did you manage to take a photo to the labels? I am interested in the codes. My dealer said that they are waiting on some codes for the shock absorbers.

This is all I have at the moment (i.e. without removing all wheels).
Pictures were made for some other reason than documenting labels, so you need to puzzle bits and pieces together.
And there is no guarantee that they are the correct ones either. I rely on unofficial info that they were replaced. Mazda does not say anything.

Do you find any labels on yours?

· Registered
14 Posts

This is all I have at the moment (i.e. without removing all wheels).
Pictures were done for some other reason than documenting labels, so you need to puzzle bits and pieces together.

I guess, FR and FL stand for front-right and front-left.

Thank you @Chris_Z. Probably I will compare this with what is currently on the car or the new shock absorbers.

· Registered
6 Posts
What you mean "driven hard" I barely touch the throttle, and I still don't get 45km. They say 17.8 kw total battery and 16.2 usable ( my dealer salesman ) but on a consumption of 30kw I don't get 53 km. I get 45-47, and when I drive i can use electric mode only for 35-40km maximum.

I see 1km and 12-15% battery. Do you guys have the same percentage when you have 1km left ?
Driven hard, means accelerating & decelerating fast and driving it like a "racecar". In my experience I also get 35-40 km maximum in normal driving and when I see 1 km left on screen, I have maybe 20-25 % battery left. So bit more than you experience. The energy consumption is definitely an issue, as today I did driving in city, starting with 100% battery (temperature between -3-0 Celsius) and travelled only 21 km before the engine switched from electricity to combustion engine.

· Registered
16 Posts
What manufacturer refers to is WLTP-cycle: driving phases (52% urban and 48% non-urban) at average speed 46.5 km/h (top at 131 km/h) with ambient temperature +23 C (which is very important for battery capacity).

I guess, road lights, heating and A/C are not used.

More info: WLTP

· Registered
14 Posts
You can set maximum charge level, not minimum, at least in mine 🤔
Hey Guys,

Today I started the day, 6 degrees Celsius, with 36km and 100% percentage battery. I managed to drive it 27km until it showed 1km and 19% battery. Mine wasn't use the start/stop system when I was waiting for 5 minutes in a line of cars. Then I started to remember that only in the beginning it was using start stop, but lately I haven't seen that in action.

I am guessing that if tomorrow, when I change to winter tires I will have around 20km? This is way far of what they say 60/63km.

Issues signaled:

1) First day, putting the car to charge using the home 2.2kw charger. After 10 minutes it says battery charged with the status 10%. If I re-plug again it either does that again for a 2nd time or works until the end. Keeps doing that for about 20 days and after I switch to a 7.2 kw. On 7.2kw it is working.

2) After first week and until now, range keeps dropping from 64km to 59km to 50km to 40km and now 36/37 km estimated range. Today's real km were 27. I know about how WLTP works and the conditions. But only 45%(27km) from the WLTP range is way too off and it looks like a scam. I could accept 75-80%, heck even 70% from WLTP but not 55% less.

3) After one month a strange noise is heard when accelerating, from stand still, it's like a miss shift from gear 1 into gear 2. Noise sound captured on phone, and confirmed by a delear engineer after testing it. ( Issue confirmed in the end by the dealer after talking with Mazda representative, some other clients have the same issue, - at the moment no solution for it )

4) 2 months of usage, wavy road, strange balance and movement of the car, up and down. Reported and confirmed by the dealer, scheduled for shock absorber and sway bars change.

5) Going down hill in the first weeks it was recuperating between 2-4 km. Going the same down hill now it does nothing. No recuperation (no hard acceleration, coasting and slightly pressing the gas) Recuperation setting is at HIGH-LEVEL.

6) When filling with gas, after the pump stops, I sometimes see the needle at around 95%. Trying to fill with gas again, the pump stops, 1.5 litters added. Again 95% percent.

I've talked with the dealer manager and they say their showcase car doesn't present the issues above. I do love the car, but It is hard to accept a range of 27km from 60/63.

This seems like a lot of issues for a brand new car. I am strongly considering, of demanding for the EU Warranty laws, that says, a product needs to be as presented in the description. If it has issues it needs to be repaired( 6 months deadline), the product exchanged, or price of acquisition lowered. I don't know if the article is correct but will contact a lawyer.

Consumer guarantees, warranties, claims and returns - Your Europe

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys,

Today I started the day, 6 degrees Celsius, with 36km and 100% percentage battery. I managed to drive it 27km until it showed 1km and 19% battery. Mine wasn't use the start/stop system when I was waiting for 5 minutes in a line of cars. Then I started to remember that only in the beginning it was using start stop, but lately I haven't seen that in action.
(...)
You know what? I would be tempted to disconnect the lead-acid battery for a few minutes and reconnect it again.
Wouldn't be surprised if some things rebalanced themselves (many modern cars do not store all settings in non-volatile memory).

· Registered
14 Posts
You know what? I would be tempted to disconnect the lead-acid battery for a few minutes and reconnect it again.
Wouldn't be surprised if some things rebalanced themselves (many modern cars do not store all settings in non-volatile memory).
I did hear from the Mazda Importer in Romania about the system having some sort of memory. It could be something that they can try. I will tell the mechanics from the dealer to asks Mazda officials. If the car behaves the same after the lead-acid battery disconnect then it's one step further.

There is one question:
Isn't this car best suited to be returned and heavily tested by Mazda official technicians and just get a car that works for the client?
No more hassle, Mazda may find solutions to the problems and have a happy client.

For anyone else interested in how bad shock absorbers may feel or look(from behind):

· Registered
16 Posts
Had mine 6 weeks and pretty pleased so far. EV range varies tremendously with where and how fast I go but so far averages 35 miles (56 Km) per charge. Hilly where I live. So fairly happy with that. Highway driving in mainly horrendous conditions non-EV is about 42 MPG.
Had a problem with screen wash sensor which distractingly lit up whole dash board, but fixed today (touch wood).
They also said there was a recall to "retorque" the roll bars. I'm guessing this is to counteract the wallow effect on some bumpy roads. Didn't notice anything on the short drive home but I'll let you know!

· Registered
32 Posts
Had mine 6 weeks and pretty pleased so far. EV range varies tremendously with where and how fast I go but so far averages 35 miles (56 Km) per charge. Hilly where I live. So fairly happy with that. Highway driving in mainly horrendous conditions non-EV is about 42 MPG.
Had a problem with screen wash sensor which distractingly lit up whole dash board, but fixed today (touch wood).
They also said there was a recall to "retorque" the roll bars. I'm guessing this is to counteract the wallow effect on some bumpy roads. Didn't notice anything on the short drive home but I'll let you know!
Welcome to the forum @UKPhil! Glad to hear things have been fixed with your CX-60. Aside from that how have you liked it overall?

· Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum @UKPhil! Glad to hear things have been fixed with your CX-60. Aside from that how have you liked it overall?
Thanks for the welcome. I love the car! Its a big step up from my CX-5s, petrol and diesel autos. Between us my wife and I have had 21 Mazdas from 323 626 up to CX-60 and 2 Hybrid (lovely little fun/city car).
This is the first I've had to get fixed. I find slow speed EV mode surprisingly whiney and low speed gear shifts are clunkier than I expected. The power is amazing and in sport mode I have massive reserve. (I'm too old to be a boy racer). So overall I'm very satisfied.

· Registered
6 Posts
I believe in Mazda Connect / EV Settings you can set below which battery charge-level the charging by the engine should start.
Have you set it by any chance to 30%?
I got the car from the service on Wednesday. After the software update I got this new option you described, it wasn't available before the update. Only maximum charge level was available. I have been super busy with other stuff and being sick with flu, so I have not had a chance yet to try this out. Let's see if this works out, I'll try this tomorrow.

There is also another issue that the service technician asked for me to send email after testing. When the car is plugged in for charging and I preheat the cabin, the electricity is taken from battery not from the power cord. When plugged in, the preheating should be powered from the power cord according to manual. Now preheating eats up battery and I have few kilometres less when I start driving. Let's see if the software update helped this.

· Registered
6 Posts
I got the car from the service on Wednesday. After the software update I got this new option you described, it wasn't available before the update. Only maximum charge level was available. I have been super busy with other stuff and being sick with flu, so I have not had a chance yet to try this out. Let's see if this works out, I'll try this tomorrow.

There is also another issue that the service technician asked for me to send email after testing. When the car is plugged in for charging and I preheat the cabin, the electricity is taken from battery not from the power cord. When plugged in, the preheating should be powered from the power cord according to manual. Now preheating eats up battery and I have few kilometres less when I start driving. Let's see if the software update helped this.
Actually had a chance to test today already :). No luck, did not fix the issue. The new setting is most likely intended for setting the engine battery loading level when the battery loading button is pushed (see image).
Audio equipment Font Gadget Auto part Display device

@Chris_Z was that one the setting you mentioned? Or am I missing something?

On the below you can see the battery level and temperature.
Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Tachometer Trip computer

There is 25% battery left and the EV mode just automatically switched to combustion engine. Travel range was 23 km started with 100% battery and driven mostly in city. Range seems super low at 23 km, even though it is sub zero temperature.

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Actually had a chance to test today already :). No luck, did not fix the issue. The new setting is most likely intended for setting the engine battery loading level when the battery loading button is pushed (see image).
View attachment 91

On the below you can see the battery level and temperature.
View attachment 93
There is 25% battery left and the EV mode just automatically switched to combustion engine. Travel range was 23 km started with 100% battery and driven mostly in city. Range seems super low at 23 km, even though it is sub zero temperature.

Yes. I can confirm, 24-25km from 100% to 1km and 19% range. In NORMAL mode it also starts to charge the battery while driving although it has 19% battery. From 63km to 25 this over 60% less range than description. With a full tank of petrol I have a range of 370km. I am considering returning the car, of course using the help of a lawyer. I am better off with a straight petrol or diesel.

· Registered
MAZDA CX-60
6 Posts
Yes. I can confirm, 24-25km from 100% to 1km and 19% range. In NORMAL mode it also starts to charge the battery while driving although it has 19% battery. From 63km to 25 this over 60% less range than description. With a full tank of petrol I have a range of 370km. I am considering returning the car, of course using the help of a lawyer. I am better off with a straight petrol or diesel.
Same situation here. The car has 1000 km and I cannot have more than 41 km in a full charge with no limitattions.

· Registered
16 Posts

Yest, this is the one.
I read it as a threshold WHEN the charging initiated by the combustion engine should stop. I didn't assume how it was started, the button, the Moon phase, whatever.
In other words, as long as the battery level stays above, the engine has no business messing with it.

It is weird. If you set the target at 20% and the engine thinks 25% is okay to engage, it means to me the only one thing: the real limits are thought as mileage, not as a battery capacity.
In other words, it is like the engine thought: 'I need the aid of the electric engine which is worth 10 kilometers, but it now seems to take whole 25% of battery to drive 10 kilometers, so at all times I need to maintain 25% battery charge level (or until conditions improve)'.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts