Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
I believe there is a button on the dash in the lower right corner, but eventually some electronics boffin will bring out a stop start memory device like they have for most other vehicles.

I fitted a plug and play one to my Audi, cost £60 and worked perfectly.It remembered I had turned it off each time.

However with the CX60 being a much smaller market than say Audi diesels and Alfa Romeo etc it may be a while till someone does it.

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
Skoda, Kia. on these cars, just disconnect one connector on the 12V battery.
since then it just always said start-stop off.
That would mean having the Stop Start Off symbol on the dash, and its probably the temperature sensor 12v supply you are removing, its a really crude way of doing it considering there are £15 memory leads available!

· Registered
27 Posts
That would mean having the Stop Start Off symbol on the dash, and its probably the temperature sensor 12v supply you are removing, its a really crude way of doing it considering there are £15 memory leads available!
It worked for me on Sorento for 7 years. the car was under warranty and they never had a problem in the service.
Skodas are company cars and all 22 vehicles have a disconnected 12V battery connector. No problem. Free and easy to turn on at any time in 1 minute when you open the hood.

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
It worked for me on Sorento for 7 years. the car was under warranty and they never had a problem in the service.
Skodas are company cars and all 22 vehicles have a disconnected 12V battery connector. No problem. Free and easy to turn on at any time in 1 minute when you open the hood.
You're not saying what 12v connector, your just saying 'a' 12v connector. Depending what 12v connector you are removing may have a host of add on effects with the ECU and the CANBUS systems. You may not notice them in everyday running and its likely you'll be generating fault codes.

If you service centre did not connect loose 12v cables then they certainly aren't doing their job correctly lol.

· Registered
27 Posts
You're not saying what 12v connector, your just saying 'a' 12v connector. Depending what 12v connector you are removing may have a host of add on effects with the ECU and the CANBUS systems. You may not notice them in everyday running and its likely you'll be generating fault codes.

If you service centre did not connect loose 12v cables then they certainly aren't doing their job correctly lol.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

it is a small connector for a 12V battery. on the minus side.
there were no errors on the OBD.
I was satisfied with the Sorento, everything worked without problems and I sold the car with the first battery.

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
View attachment 153

it is a small connector for a 12V battery. on the minus side.
there were no errors on the OBD.
I was satisfied with the Sorento, everything worked without problems and I sold the car with the first battery.
OBD readers don't ofter give a full picture, and I covered the rest of your claim earlier.

You said you do this on modern Skoda's too, well I've owned a Audi's, and you certainly can't. If you could the VAG community would have widely reported it, as I moderate one of the largest Audi forums , its never been said as possible inc by all the technicians and retrofitters that are on the forum, so I'd be interested in reporting back this hack so we can see what it really does.

Can you post a photo of this 12v removable connector on the CX60 to show which bit you think someone is going to chance removing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts