Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
CX60 PHEV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with the 'Lane Keep Assist' safety feature? Not the one that gives audible or visual warning, but the one that physically prevents you from inadvertently changing lane unless you indicate?
I was in lane two of a four lane section of the M1 when a semitrailer in lane 1 decided to move over from lane one into my lane. Unfortunately I was in the way. Naturally I steered to move into the empty third lane to avoid collision, however the 'Lane Keep Assist' had other ideas, it was adamant that I stay in that lane. The force against my steering was surprisingly difficult to overcome. In emergency situations there is not time to indicate before manoeuvring. For normal driving it is usually correct to indicate prior to moving. But in an emergency situation when instant action is required, the last thing you want is the car physically fighting you. I missed being wiped out by an inch or so! I was well shook-up.

Now that happened a week or so after I took receipt of the car (which by the way I really love), and so now before every journey I have to go through the procedure to switch 'Lane Keep Assist' off so the car doesn't kill me. All you have to do is press home, scroll down to and select settings, scroll down to and select Safety Settings, scroll down to and select Collision Avoidance, scroll down to and deselect Lane Keep Assist, then just return to home or navigation etc. Each time the ignition is switched off or the driver's door is opened this defaults back to 'on.'

Does anyone know whether a Mazda Dealership are able to set this to be 'off' by default?

· Registered
66 Posts
You must learn to use turn signals, even in dangerous situations, otherwise you will end up being a danger to others in other lanes as well ;)
You always have to assume that everyone else drives like idiots.

Happy safe Christmas.

· Registered
3 Posts
The lane assist and collision assist is a real problem on single track roads, I have to turn it off to drive these roads or you are constantly fighting it. Most other cars seem to be able to turn this feature off without having to do it every trip. It is proving dangerous at times. with the care wanting to pull me into the path of another car when on narrow roads. Hopefully Mazda will do a firmware update to include this as a feature.

· Registered
66 Posts
LDWS can be disabled permanet in Mazda Connect.
LAS can also be disabled permanet in Mazda Connect.
I am not aware of which of the systems you mention, as I do not experience any problems with the systems.

· Registered
Homura
272 Posts
LDWS can be disabled permanet in Mazda Connect.
LAS can also be disabled permanet in Mazda Connect.
I am not aware of which of the systems you mention, as I do not experience any problems with the systems.
It cant. You untick the box but the next time you power up the car it comes back on with it ticked.

You literally have to do it everytime you fire up the car it seems, same as Hold Assist.

· Registered
66 Posts
If I disable in Mazda Connect, it stays off ?, even if I change the duration force or vibration/sound or both.
Remember to restart after changes, before doing anything else, then you will learn it stays off.

· Registered
Homura
272 Posts
If I disable in Mazda Connect, it stays off ?, even if I change the duration force or vibration/sound or both.
Remember to restart after changes, before doing anything else, then you will learn it stays off.
Interesting, it dosent in mine similar to the fella above. Maybe its a newer software that allows this? Ill double check restarting the engine but i am pretty sure i did that before setting off and then checking it again today and the ticks are back.

· Registered
Homura
272 Posts
Hi, I'm going to my dealer tomorrow. He tells me over the phone that lane assist can be permanently turned off and saved to my driver profile. When it works, I'll write what was needed for it.
So this is an interesting one.

My lane assist is turned off now permanent, but the tick box is still showing as on.

Each time i turn it off, the tick reappears but thre system is turned off. Only noticed it today when it wasnt fighting me to get onto the motorway.

It still works when i click the drive assist button.

· Registered
27 Posts
So this is an interesting one.

My lane assist is turned off now permanent, but the tick box is still showing as on.

Each time i turn it off, the tick reappears but thre system is turned off. Only noticed it today when it wasnt fighting me to get onto the motorway.

It still works when i click the drive assist button.
I've tried various things but it always reverts back to factory defaults. Last week I drove about 1000 km from Italy, I turned it off before the highway. I took a break at the rest stop and was careful not to turn off the car. But it was enough for me to get out of the car and the system was activated again. I only found out at a speed of 140 km/h, when it threw me to the right side. Very bad and dangerous.

· Registered
Homura
272 Posts
I've tried various things but it always reverts back to factory defaults. Last week I drove about 1000 km from Italy, I turned it off before the highway. I took a break at the rest stop and was careful not to turn off the car. But it was enough for me to get out of the car and the system was activated again. I only found out at a speed of 140 km/h, when it threw me to the right side. Very bad and dangerous.
This is how it used to be for me too, Ive no idea how I managed to turn it off now!

· Registered
Homura
272 Posts
So the dealer checked the vehicle today. It was strange to him that it couldn't be turned off permanently. Will contact Mazda importer. There is no update for my vehicle. 14004 is current.
14004 is old firmware

· Registered
27 Posts
So the answer to overkill assistant is this. The answers to this problem on youtube are hidden under the "Schuster automobile" videos.

Unfortunately, this is no longer permitted and possible due to an EU directive that came into force in 2022 (=mandatory for car manufacturers). This applies to all newly introduced (!) models that came onto the market after that date. Existing models have grandfathering. In addition, it must now be at least 2 steps to switch off the system. Therefore, there is no longer a simple "button" as there used to be. I would prefer the old rule, but that's how the EU wants it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts