Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 2,195 Posts
Issues:
1) Did the article above from mazda japan stated that the shock absorbers didn't meet the safety standards? So I am driving an unsafe car? Yes! ( Mine is acknowledged for shock absorbers replacement )
Can you give more details about acknowledged for replacement of shock absorbers? Can we find out if our cars are affected based on VIN?
I feel mine is also very bumpy when I go over speed bumpers ..even with very slow speed. Maybe this is due to 20 inch wheels , but still .. wondering if mine is also affected by this reported issue ..

I have a wallbox that has a mobile application . When car starts charging, I see in the wallbox app.
When I start climate control via mazda app, I see in the wallbox app that car is using the grid but also the battery as the range decreases (not with the same speed as when charger is not connected). Unfortunately, once climate is stopped the car does not compensate the missing Kwh from the battery. It stops charging right away the climate is stopped.

I had the car for two months and 7.000 km and do not recognise the issues described. I toped up my gas tank 3 or 4 times and the pump stops while the tank has still about 10L to be totally filled. Other than that I run on EV mode most of the day and surpass 60km range easily, on average 65 km. It is sad to hear the issues with your unit, they should replace it if not fixed ASAP. A question for you, how did you noticed the shock absorbers issue?
When achieving 60+ km on EV, what is the percentage of battery reserved in your case? (when it switches to ICE). Mine switch to ICE when battery is 25-30% (this happens at -2 degree but also at +12), so there is no way to obtain that range on EV even if i don't use any kind of heating.

I talked to the dealer today, He said that the cold weather behavior is a deliberate from Mazda to ensure you always have power for a boost, the amount of battery reserved will increase all the way down to -10c form where the car will not be able to drive in EV mode. He is not able to send me further official details on this... It is strange that they do not let the customer decide if he wants power or to drive green...
So they are selling a PHEV that cannot be driven in EV during winter (-10c), but they omitted to put this info in manual or let the customer know about it. I don't feel comfortable with this ...
Also the amount of battery reserved during cold period should be clearly stated in manual. Some dealers are "providing" some info about it, but none of them want to put this in writing.
What else should we expect in summer? EV to not work because battery is too hot?

1 - 8 of 2,195 Posts