Mazda CX-70 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts
Hopefully an option comes to turn it off entirely, but it certainly shows how badly the system was designed if the load on the ICE is that great, they havent compensated for it at all.

No sound/vibration from me with braking. It will certainly take some getting use to in a normal car after the CX60 as the regen slowing is so draggy you barely use your brakes if you time it right and drive graciously :) the pads and discs are gonna last for ages! :)
what software version do you have to use

Hello. I see that most focus a lot on the EV side. I think that, if you had a full electric car before the CX60, you were aware that the range actually drops by 50% in the cold season. Only Tesla and Kia currently have better winter management (temperatures below 10 C), but they still lose 30-40%. Even Toyota, which is far ahead of others in the heat pump management sector, loses 50% of its range in cold weather. See RAV4 Plugin. I want to tell you that after the last update 14012, and 1000 km of learning how to use it (it behaves differently compared to a gasoline hybrid car), mine has balanced a lot in terms of consumption and behavior. And nothing is perfect in this world :). sorry for my english

15degrees celcius? Thats literally the Uk for most of the year bar a couple of months in the summer. Is there an official statement for this or is it conjecture?

The average temp over the year in the UK is 10dc.

It is very simple. If you order the climate to be 21 degrees C, the heat pump will work to keep all the components at the optimal temperature, including making the passenger compartment a temperature of 21 degrees. Everything is consumed from the large battery. That gasoline consumption that they mention, helps the battery stay at the value considered by them, depending on the outside temperature. There are no miracles yet in this field, unfortunately. And we have to appreciate that the car has advanced heating management with a heat pump, not like other brands where this option costs something.

t is very simple, yes, the vehicles are advertised at performing in a certain way, and yet cannot perform to what they are advertised to do, for lets say 10 months out of 12 in the UK according to your theory.

If these vehicles fail to work at 50% capacity after 15dcel, which is most of the time in the UK and many other countries, this is certainly NOT cold, then they should be sold with this disclaimer. If they advertised this as a true fact, as you are stating it is, imagine how many sales they would get here and elsewhere? I suspect none, if not for a few adventurers with money to burn.
That 63 km range is given as a range under WLTP conditions. If you consult the circumstances in which that WLTP range is obtained (they are legally covered by this standard), you will see that it is obtained with the climate/AC off (the biggest consumer, when it works for hot supply)

Don't be so rude, this thread is very helpful for future MAzda CX 60 owners, and it is good for us to communicate with curent owners so we can know what to expect. Well, this "test" status is making concerns, but as I can see other manufacturers have the same problem. This can be explained (but not justified) with end of financial stimulation from the state for PHEV cars in Germany from 1.1.2023. so - all manufacturers rushed wit not tested products on the market. Knowing this - it is obviovus that 2022 production year is to avoid, and hopfuly things will sort out in 2023. We'll see soon if that is the case.

I am also current owner of Audi (A6 4F 3.0 TDI Quattro), but consider too keep it for longer voyages. It is 15 years old and has 240.000 kms on the clock and that is the reason I am looking for a new car. But I am not considering new Audi for number of reasons.
Look on the VW electric car forums, next to autonomy. I'm not saying that it's a perfect CX60 car, but at this moment, the discussions are very heated, I notice on this range on EV, which we have to be realistic, in the context of all the competitors, it has NO way to reach 63km, except in WTLP conditions.

That may be so, but not sure on the relevance, are you saying the climate control can use 50% of the battery in 20miles? I cant see that mentioned in any of the literature or advertising. Imagine if it was...

I'm still waiting for the legislation stating what 'cold' is objectively, not subjective. Is there something about this in these WLTP conditions? Can you link me?

Hello to all,

I have been following the thread carefully for days now, my car is delivered to me next week.

Referring to the electric range, I have seen several tests on youtube that manage to reach 62-65 km range. For example:

Yes, it reaches this range, but it should be above 20 degrees C, and without aggressive acceleration. For me, at 15 degrees C, it takes me with continuous driving, (not in several stages/days) 45 km, in the conditions that at 15-20% of the battery, it enters hybrid mode, in order to preserve air conditioning reserves (that air conditioning option through the application). At over 20 degrees C, I understood that they let you consume up to 3-5% full electric. I have not yet had the opportunity of these temperatures. Plugin, from my point of view, is different than hybrids, but not necessarily better than hybrids. It's good if you have free electricity (solar), or cheaper and charge it daily, like on the phone. Otherwise you get on your nerves. The build quality of the car is great. All my friends are amazed by how the car looks. I really like it and I don't regret the decision. I had BMW until now and I don't want to hear anymore.

Could you screengrab the bit that denotes that ‘cold’ is 15dc? I cant see it and it might be useful for me when challenging Mazda in my current situation.
Cold, is when you want a temperature higher than the ambient one, in our current case. Why didn't you get a fully electric car if you know about this EV range? Cold is a relative word, from my point of view.

In one of the tests that I sent, the three trips that are made with a temperature of 13-14ºC and the topic of not making strong accelerations, is something that I take for granted, that the rest of the colleagues of the forum, are not doing to evaluate the range of the car.

When I will receive mine next week, I will be able to share my own experiences, but in principle I do not understand why there is so much difference between the experiences described here, and the reviews that professionals have done to the car when they have tested it.
Because they get money from Mazda. We give :). I think :)

Ok so there isn't a set threshold, this is why you confused me as you claimed there was and the threshold was basically the UK average temperature.

i think the question should be why didnt i get a full DIESEL than a Mazda PHEV - and I certainly regret not doing so :)
If you charge it daily with solar electricity (free), it is cheap. If not, diesel :), or hybrid, from my point of view.

I can potter around town or low speed and it will say EV cancelled at about 20%, but will continue to run down to almost zero before ICE kicks in (unless I floor it!). At highway speed it switches much earlier at about 25/30% and battery use is much lower but it will drop eventually (like if I hit slow traffic)...
It cancels the full EV mode, but now it goes in Hybrid mode. It's logical, because on this car the transmission is electric. The EV motor is inside the gearbox. Now it uses the thermal engine also as a generator. It keeps a buffer for air conditioning, because the temperature is below 15 degrees C. Once again, if you don't charge this car from the electric, in the city it makes no difference compared to a gasoline engine. More than the 200 kg battery.

I just hope release a software update to have a user defined Hybrid mode limit.

For me, id have it immediately and then have a good balance of petrol and electricity and regen braking, unlike Sport mode.

Having spoke to the customer service manager today at Mazda UK, Petro, he has pretty much said that they have no interest in the experiences or comments of any of the owners on this or any other forum, which I certainly found a little baffling and arrogant. I hope that Mazda in other countries manage to get the information on here as its literally like free product testing for them.
It can't do the Hybrid limit, as it endangers the resources of the large battery. You actually want a hybrid car, not a PHEV. It is quite different from architecture. Where else can I go to the software, to the efficiency of consumption and how to change gears. But that won't do wonders, I think. Charge the battery from the outlet, otherwise the PHEV is useless. The car can be exposed at night to temperatures below -10 C and the management of the large battery will start the heating of the components (they are all under the car), and they need resources.

I had a message that my Mazda arrived today but I really want tò cancel the contract now... Let's see...
Yes. If you know that you have no way to charge the large battery, at least every 2 days, PHEVs are pointless. They are not friendly to consumption. empty battery car. And you will blame the builder. You want a hybrid.

The Sports profile is a hybrid function albeit missing regen braking and holding revs high (as most sports modes do), so it can do it. I simply want a similar profile with regen braking,standard revs and the Blue dials, as the car does when it gets to 20% battery. Its not about wanting another car, its making this car work for me as their false advertising has put into a position that will cause heavy financial loss if I changed cars now.
Well, don't prioritize EV mode anymore. And she will play within the limit of 15-20%, as a hybrid. See if you have the 14012 software version, that they adjusted those jerks of the box, in this mode. Sport mode keeps the thermal engine always on and consumption is not friendly

1 - 20 of 2,195 Posts