Mazda CX-70 Forum banner

How satisfied are you with your CX-60, what faults do you experience.

• Hard gear changes, mostly 1st. to 2 gear

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Vibrations between 40 and 65 km/h

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Grinding noise from the front end

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Shaking mirrors

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Noise from back doors

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Tailgate opens unintentionally

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • EV range 45-55% degraded at 0 degrees

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Preheater uses current from high-voltage battery even if charging cable is connected

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Unstable and rocking driving

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Brake pads stick in wet weather after overnight parking

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Fault in radio or safety functions

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I am satisfied with my CX-60

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • I am unhappy with my CX-60

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Regret my purchase

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Add low battery risk, 12v

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • High frequency sound when braking.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Wireless Charger - intermittent, fails to charge, charges then fails through trip

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Problem with automatic wipers

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Rattling noise from the suspension

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Customisation Settings are not being stored and being reset every time vehicle is turned on again

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Can we add to the list:

1. Rattling noise from the suspension (according to dealer service it is not related with stiff and unstable suspension mentioned in the list above - they can't find the source and waiting on advice from Mazda Europe).

2. Problem with automatic wipers ( litle rain but the frequency/speed of wiping is very high and not decreasing to the point that there is nothing to wipe) - and yes it is set to automatic mode for those in doubt..

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
2. Problem with automatic wipers ( litle rain but the frequency/speed of wiping is very high and not decreasing to the point that there is nothing to wipe) - and yes it is set to automatic mode for those in doubt..
I literally just posted about this in the CX60 problems thread, it happened to me for the first time last night.

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
More faults that need adding @BWJ

Wireless Charger - intermittent, fails to charge, charges then fails through trip, 'wireless charging is unavailable' on screen

Customisation Settings are not being stored and being reset every time vehicle is turned on again

· Registered
2 Posts
There is also one more thing with regards energy recovery process.
3. High frequency sound when braking.

When pressing braking pedal there is very high frequency unpleasant noise coming from, I presume, left speaker (car is in normal mode - this electronic squeaking is very much noticeable when on motorway). Since The sound comes from only one side of the vehicle, I'm very curious what our English friends experience.. Do you hear any high frequency sounds at all and if so is it coming from the right or still left side of the vehicle? I remember having test drive and not experiencing such a sound therefore I can only imagine it is faulty cable shielding of the left speaker or something. (I did flagged it with service and they confirmed it is there... but of course they have no clue what that is and how to fix it - at least for now..)

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is also one more thing with regards energy recovery process.
3. High frequency sound when braking.

When pressing braking pedal there is very high frequency unpleasant noise coming from, I presume, left speaker (car is in normal mode - this electronic squeaking is very much noticeable when on motorway). Since The sound comes from only one side of the vehicle, I'm very curious what our English friends experience.. Do you hear any high frequency sounds at all and if so is it coming from the right or still left side of the vehicle? I remember having test drive and not experiencing such a sound therefore I can only imagine it is faulty cable shielding of the left speaker or something. (I did flagged it with service and they confirmed it is there... but of course they have no clue what that is and how to fix it - at least for now..)
Maybe because you are sitting on the wrong side and driving.😆

· Registered
10 Posts
Front suspension rattle is the one that bothers me the most. There is no refinement in it at all. I fear the shock absorber swap isn't going to help here. There must be something wrong with the strut mounts for sure. There is still plenty of rubber on those 20 inch wheels to absorb those little road imperfections.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i just got my car back from suspension swap. Drives much smoother although still firm. My suspension is and was relatively silent except from that dreaded clonking noise from the right hand side of the car (dunno if from front or back, depends on where you are sitting in the car it appears to come from the side, sometimes from the front). This clonking sound is still there after the upgrade and noone could locate it yet.

How does yours aound exactly? With mine I am not even sure if it is coming from the suspension itself or maybe from some other parts that are moving.

· Registered
Homura
264 Posts
Hi, i just got my car back from suspension swap. Drives much smoother although still firm. My suspension is and was relatively silent except from that dreaded clonking noise from the right hand side of the car (dunno if from front or back, depends on where you are sitting in the car it appears to come from the side, sometimes from the front). This clonking sound is still there after the upgrade and noone could locate it yet.

How does yours aound exactly? With mine I am not even sure if it is coming from the suspension itself or maybe from some other parts that are moving.
Can I ask, no increased body roll from the softer struts?

I haven't had any clunking sounds from the suspension, but lots of spring squeaking - mainly drivers front, but the rears have just started now also...I'm hoping they may go with them swap the suspension this week

If its a clunking sound, I'd be looking at top mounts and bushes

· Registered
CX60 PHEV
2 Posts
Rattling noise from the suspension
I took my car to a local inspection shop. What we found is that the brake pads are too small and hit against the brake calipers. The noise if most noticeable when going over speed bumps and potholes. I initially thought that this was the suspension but the service checked it twice.

· Registered
10 Posts
Rattling noise from the suspension
I took my car to a local inspection shop. What we found is that the brake pads are too small and hit against the brake calipers. The noise if most noticeable when going over speed bumps and potholes. I initially thought that this was the suspension but the service checked it twice.
Interesting, this means by applying brake force while going through road imperfections should eliminate the nose, which I don't think is the case but will double check. The noise you are referring to is easily heard when reversing and braking.

Did they say what the answer is? Are there any aftermarket brake pads available that would be free of this issue?

· Registered
CX-60 Homura PHEV
21 Posts
Anything in particular? Some of the safety / assistant settings cannot be changed or deactivated permanently though because of European laws.
I´ll put the pictures up tomorrow, off to bed shortly.
My CX-60 has never reset any of it´s settings after I've saved them using the driver personalisation system, in fact my dealer explained that to me when i picked it up. That way you can have the whole car setup for different people, not just the driving position ;).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts